Earlier this week I plugged the Blogical SFTP adapter into the ESB Toolkit 2.1. i.e. I wrote an adapter provider and made the appropriate config changes to ESBT. Whilst testing one of our developers found the %datetime% marco wasn’t working. A bit of sniffing around turned up this, http://sftpadapter.codeplex.com/workitem/5233.
Ultimately I ended up working around this deficency by implementing the macro within the ESBT SFTP adapter provider. i.e. parse the RemoteFile endpoint config coming back from the resolver for the macro and insert the formatted DateTime.Now into the remote file context property of the Blogical SFTP adapter.