Very cool, I just setup tethering via my LG Optimus 7 WP7 smartphone using a slightly unofficial technique. 😉 There are heaps of blogs around on this, I’m posting here for my own future reference.
- Install the drivers on the PC, laptop or in my case eeePC from here
- On the phone dial ##634#
- Go to the apps list and start the “MFG” app and enter the password 277634#*#
- Go to Engineer Menu -> Port Setting -> USB Switching and select QC Composite. After a few seconds the phone will reboot. Once rebooted plug the phone in via USB
- Now browse to the modem under windows device manager and select properties, then go to the advanced tab an add the following to Extra Initialization Commands. Note I am an Australian Optus user, +cgdcont=1,”ip”,”internet”
- Now go to Network Connections on the netbook and add a dial up connection with the number *99#. User name and password are blank.
That’s it! Too easy. I wonder how long until this is offically released by Microsoft.